Communications Internship in Canada
Guaranteed Communications Internship in Canada
After graduating with a degree in Communications your options can be extensive and it is often difficult to know exactly what will be the best route to take. That is why many graduates decide to take an international internship – either after graduating or during college. An internship in Communications will allow you to develop your overall skills and put your educational background to practical use.
A Communications internship in Canada will help you discover which career path in the Communications or Media industry is most suited to your education, skills, and interests. A general Commnunications degree gives you a great foundation of knowledge and skills to use, and can be a gateway to different jobs in the field. Vancouver is a city that has many growth opportunities in related sectors such as policy, politics, international development, mass media, new media, and more. These sectors are in need of students or graduates with a Communications background. This makes it the perfect city for you to gain international work experience in the Communications or Media industry.
Related Career Options:
Canada is growing rapidly in terms of many up and coming start-up companies. These companies have great growth opportunities and are always looking for talent with communications backgrounds to fill various roles in PR, marketing, advertising, business development, writing, and more.
With multiple sectors and subsectors in the Communications and Media industries available to work in, there are endless opportunities and different job options in cities such as Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Calgary. We work with host companies in a range of Communications sectors, which gives great diversity when it comes to placing you in the perfect international internship. You will be assigned a supervisor who will mentor you throughout your Communications internship in Canada, giving you in-depth knowledge and insights on the operations of a North American Communications industry.
Skills you will learn:
- Public speaking skills and the ability to present your ideas
- Deduction of information from various sources
- An ability to prepare oral and written presentations and reports
- The ability to learn new information and apply this to professional demands
- The capacity to critically analyze problems
- The ability to explain complex ideas clearly
- Management and teamwork
- The ability to interpret and analyze information
- The ability to lead and interact with different people
- The ability to debate, persuade, mediate and present your thoughts to others,
- The capacity to recognize and incorporate other potential solutions or applications to given problems
- The capability to identify priorities and proper courses of action, to plan the execution of tasks and to determine and delegate responsibilities to group members to most effectively carry out projects
- And more
Stepwest offers this guaranteed internship placement opportunity through our Student Internship Program, which has been designed completely around you. With this program you will benefit from our outstanding services, dynamic host companies and ongoing monitoring throughout your international placement. If you are currently studying Communications or have recently graduated and want to improve your resume with top international experience in the Communications industry then check out our Student Internship Program page to find out more.
To read testimonials from some of our participants who have successfully completed one of our Internship Programs in Canada, visit our Blog. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to Vancouver.