As the Sous Chef you play a vital leadership role in the overall success of the culinary team and the restaurants within the resort. Your role as a Sous Chef is to lead the culinary team to provide exceptional service and support the food and beverage outlets behind the scenes. The care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of spectacular cuisine!
Expected Hourly Wage: Dependent on Resort and level of Skills/Experience
Work Schedule: Hours and shift schedule will vary, and can fluctuate seasonally
Level of English Required: High
Start Dates: May/June (Summer), October/November (Winter)
- Ordering enough adequate amounts of food required for menu and to meet demand.
- Create work schedule for kitchen employees.
- Train all employees in the kitchen on proper protocol and procedure according to Food Safe Practices
- Supervise all staff in the absence of the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef
- Menu planning
- Assist in maintaining records of food cost and inventory
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities
- Help ensure highest quality of food, taste and presentation
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment
- Lead by example by following the resorts policies and procedures and adhering to the grooming policies
- Great attention to detail and strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Inter-provincial Red Seal or equivalent education/ experience an asset
- Food Safe Certification
- 3-4 years in a similar position
- Self-motivated, positive team player
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Guaranteed Staff Accommodation (subsidized rent, type of accommodation will be dependent on the resort)
- Resort/Hotel Discounts
- Staff Events
- And much more! Each employer partner will offer unique benefits.